Dienstag, 22. März 2011

Getting rid of potatoes - Potato roast for breakfast

I have bought 5kg potatoes for my birthday because I wanted to make fries and salad for nearly 10 people. Then my birthday came and I totally skipped the idea and went for something else. So what is the outcome of this oh so great impulse? I'm stuck with 5kg potatoes - right.
I steamed them all on Sunday already and now I try to use them up. This concluded in a creamy potato salad with acocado and tomatoes yesterday evening and in a

Potato roast for breakfast



2-3 steamed potatoes, cut in cubes
1 small shallot
1 small carrot
some vegan sausage slices (I used VegaVita Vurst pikant)
fresh parsley
salt, pepper, nutmeg

(this serves 1)

Cut the shallot and carrot in small chunks and sauté them in 1 tablespoon olive oil for about 5 minutes over medium heat, then turn the heat up and add the potato cubes. Give it a roast just as you prefer. 1 minute before it is fnished throw in the sausage slices, cut in small cubes. In the end add the chopped parsley and toss it in. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen