Sonntag, 20. März 2011

Spinach potato roast with tomatoes

This is my first blog post ever. I'm sitting here, unsure about what I should write as an introduction. ... OK thought some more and know what? Skip the introduction - I'm here to show the world what I eat - so that's what I'm going to do ;-)

Today's Sunday and normally I plan ahead what to cook, but on Friday I just went shopping and bought everything which looked good.  So I ended up with basically everything. Now I need to get rid of the stuff which can't be stored another few days.

Here's what I have put together -

Spinach potato roast with tomatoes


ingredients for 2 servings:

2 shallots in small dices
2 tomatoes in cubes
1,5 cups smoked tofu in small cubes
5 big steamed potatoes in cubes
6 loosley packed cups of fresh spinach
2-3 leaves fresh sage, nutmeg, salt, pepper
some greated vegan cheese
olive oil

Sauté the shallots and the finely chopped sage in 3 tablespoons olive oil until shallots are translucent - about 7 minutes over medium heat. Add the tofu and potatoes and turn the heat up. Give them a good roast - about 6 minutes. Potatoes should turn brown. Add tomatoes and after another 2 minutes add spinach with salt and pepper. Let spinach wilt, season with nutmeg, salt and pepper and put on a plate. Sprinkle grated cheese on top and put in the oven (grill) for a few moments to melt the cheese. ENJOY!
Serve with a salad as side dish.

We had chicory seasoned with red-wine vinegar, mustard and olive oil.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen